If you have the files containing a long list of records of leads, you would look for a faster way to get them into Salesforce. The manual process of entering them is long and can be very hectic. Salesforce provides a way for Salesforce import leads but you have to be an administrator to perform the importing process of the leads. Although you can import the leads up to 50000 leads at the same time, you can also test the Salesforce import leads with the five leads or so first. This is called test data and after the test data you can go for the review process.
Review the new lead records first
Before you start the process of Salesforce import leads, you should review your new lead records in order to make sure that the records contain all the required information which you want to bring in. You can delete the test records and refine the import file and then run through the final import process.
Process of Salesforce import leads
- Click the Import Leads link which is at the bottom of the Leads Home page below the Tools heading. The Import Leads wizard appears which provides the four step process for importing your records and some helpful hints too.
- In the existing system of Leads, compare the fields available against the leads fields in Salesforce. Perform the process of mapping all your fields between Salesforce and the current system you have. If you are able to map the necessary fields, move to the next step or perform customization in Salesforce to add the fields to the lead record.
- Then go the next process of exporting your file into the required format. If you have the leads records in the existing database, export data into the required format and you can use different tools if required.
- Review the lead data. It is really important to prevent the garbage data from coming into the Salesforce instance and therefore review the leads data before you allow it to come to your system. Clean all the information beforehand so that you can save your efforts later.
- After this start the import wizard link on Lead Import Wizard.
- Upload the lead file. Select a default lead source if relevant. Apply the assignment rule if you want.
- Select the matching type if you want Salesforce to avoid the importing of duplicate records.
- In the mapping process go through the list of fields and select the field from corresponding file which you are importing which maps to the Salesforce field.
- Now review the messages for the possible errors
- Click the Finish button. If you discover any error click back and refine your mapping.
- After you are satisfied with the mapping, click Import Now button.
- Click Finish button.
These were the steps for Salesforce import leads, hopefully we helped you discover how to manage this feature of a fantastic software that is Salesforce.